My first impressions
1. You should have a loading screen that lets the user know that your game is loading and not broken. I was looking at a plain whit screen in the beginning there.
2. You should also have a big colorful button on the menu screen that says "Click here to play" or something like that. Don't force your user to type something to begin to play the game. It took me a few seconds to realize that there was a text bubble that tells you what to type.
3. The voice in the beginnig of the game takes an active effort to listen to, and I've already lost my patience with it and it's still going as I write this review. If you expect your user to actually listen to it, you should simply what it's saying and make it more clear. Or you can include some text on the screen too.
4. The point of the game isn't very well explained. At first I thought that you might be able to move about the room, but it seems as though I'm just supposed to wait around until 6 or something While I look at the map, shine the flashlight down the door, and activate the "working" sign, and go hide in the closet. I'm still not sure what the strategy is, and after too many minutes of nothing happening, I don't particularly care anymore.
Thanks for an honest and long opinion
I will try to improve the night code thing but thank you
For some reason, this reminds me a whole lot of an old mac game called Crystal Quest. I think many of the sounds are similar, and a couple of the enemies look like graphics from that game.
Anyway, It's a fun little game. It seems a little chaotic if nothing else. One thing I'd suggest is to cut down on the dead ends a little bit more. I just think It's a little more fun to loop around a corner than it is to go into a dead end collecting dots, and then turning back.
Just wasn't that fun
The graphics, animations and sound are fine, but I walk away from this game without any sense of fulfillment.
This is a game where you press 1 of 2 buttons when prompted to. there's really no decision making at all. It's not that mentally stimulating, and really not that fun.
It's a solid demo
Of course you have no actual game yet, but it seems technically solid.
I think you ought to give your character the ability to duck, or lay on the ground(like in contra) and dodge bullets like that. That would make your game a whole lot more fun
Also, it's a problem when your enemies move into a corner where you can't hit them anymore. give them some AI
I'll be sure to fix those mistakes :)
and as I mentioned in the author's comments, It's not official so the real one is in my computer right now
Your game is no more complicated than mashing the left click button.
a couple things you want:
1. sound. especially when your bullets impact enemies, or when enemies crash into you.
2. A game. You just shoot at enemies. You have no decisions to make in this game, you have no objects to really dodge. you have not enough space to dodge them, and your hit-box is large.
I would normally give a 2/5 for a game like this max, but I'm giving you an extra point today for being better than that games2rule bullshit and other similar games that I've been seeing around recently
It's rare that I ever give a game 5/5 in judgement. Nice job!
I like it
I like the game, the controls were nice, but the animation was a little off. You don't really have a very high amount of content
Also, before you reach the spikes, in the normal world, you can stand where the pillar is going to appear, jump, and then switch worlds, and you're pushed all the way to the top, and you can just walk right to finish the stage.
Your hitbox needs to be smaller, Bounding boxes for the edges need to have more rectangles, or not be rectangular at all.
You need to have better control than constantly going up and down, try using an acceleration up and acceleration down, rather than jumps in velocity.
Your gun needs to have a better way to replenish ammo than simply collecting it randomly, such as when the level restarts.
Interesting proof of concept, but needs a lot of w
First, off, when asking users to use the mouse, also allow them to move with the WASD keys. IT should also be possible to jump with 'W'
It's also impossible to tell what objects you can interact with before you interact with them. You can't distinguish objects in the foreground from objects in the background from objects that damage you, from objects that you can move. This may seem artsy to you, but it will confuse the player(in a bad way) and it will make the game less fun.
Secondly, I found that the ONLY challenge in the game, was identifying which objects I could interact with and how. The first level, as painfully simple as it was, was the most difficult. because you had to jump gaps.
In the second level, I found that I was able to tediously carry myself through the entire level on a single platform.
In the third level I held down the right key, and jumped at appropriate places.
I don't know what the collectible Items were for. I don't know what the HP bar was for, I never lost HP, there was only instant death. Your user shouldn't be asking these kinds of questions. IF you're not using the items, for anything, then exclude them. When you decide to do an update which uses them, than you can put them back in.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.